Latehar, A painful accident has happened in Latehar district of Jharkhand today. Seven girls have died due to drowning in deep water of the pond during Karam Dali immersion on Saturday in Manandih Tola of Bukru village under Balumath police station area of the district. On getting information about the incident, a large number of villagers and police officials reached the spot. On getting information about the matter, there was a wave of mourning in the entire district.
All the girls are in the age group of 10 to 20 years. Balumath police station has brought all the dead bodies in their possession and brought them to Balumath. Of the seven dead, three are real sisters and Aklu is Ganjhu’s daughter.
Name of the dead:
1. Rekha Kumari, 18 years
2. Lakshmi Kumari, 8 years
3. Reena Kumari, 11 years old (father of all three is Aklu Ganjhu)
4. Meena Kumari, 8 years old, father Laldev Ganjhu
5. Pinky Kumari, 15 years old, Father Jagan Ganjhu
6. Sushma Kumari, 7 years old, father Charan Ganjhu
7. Sunita Kumari, 17 Years, Father Late Bifa Ganjhu
All the villages belong to Sheregada, Tola Manandih, Thana Balumath, District Latehar.