Thanjavur: As much as 11 people died due to electrocution that took place during the festival in a temple of Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. Also, many people were seriously injured in this accident. As per received information, this accident happened during the Chariot leaving the temple. The incident took place at Appar temple in Kalimedu.
It is being told that when the chariot came out of the temple, it could not move forward due to the net of wires lying above during the turn. In the process of reversing the chariot, a portion of it came in contact with high-tension wire. 11 people died due to exposure to current, including many children. At the same time, three people have been seriously injured in this incident. The injured have been admitted to the Medical College in Thanjavur. In the picture obtained from Haase, the chariot is completely burnt.
CM Panneerselvam has expressed grief over the accident. He has made a tweet which reads “I was devastated and deeply saddened to hear the news of the Kalimedu chariot accident. I pay my respects to the victims of this tragedy and extend my deepest condolences and sympathy to the people of the area.”